Plant and Machinery
During our half century in business, Praxi Valuations and Appraisals has conducted thousands of appraisals. This extensive, valuable experience makes us one of the players held in highest regard on the market. With a portfolio of over 1000 active clients, we have valued assets worth more than € 10 billion over the last three years.
Our clients include: the airports of Naples, Turin, and Venice, Arena di Verona, Brembo, Carraro, Enel, ENI, Ferrero International, Italian State Railways, Guala, Henkel, Indesit (Merloni Elettrodomestici), Italdesign-Giugiaro, Lavazza, Marcegaglia, the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage, Riello, Versace and Zucchi.
The services we offer in this area – often for international businesses and companies with complex shareholding structures – comprise:VALUATION FOR ASSET-RELATED PURPOSES
- Valuation of corporate assets for spin-offs, mergers, incorporations, acquisitions, sales, collateral and arbitration
- Valuation of intangibles: trademarks, patents, know-how, goodwill, etc.
- Preliminary valuation of corporate assets (new-for-old value and current value) for insurance cover (to safeguard corporate assets), eliminating the effects of the proportional rule (direct damage)
- Preliminary valuation to cover the risk of business interruption, to safeguard the contribution margin / gross profit (indirect damage)
- Assistance in preparing proof-of-damage report for the company in the event of a claim.
Analysis of corporate assets for management purposes:
- - determination of fair value (IAS/IFRS)
- - determination of the useful life and residual life (both technical and financial) of assets
- - allocation of merger deficit
- - revaluation of corporate assets for compliance with specific legislation
- - physically identifying and coding assets
- - inventory reconciliation (physical and accounting).
Praxi Valuations and Appraisals boasts sound experience in supplying consulting services to shareholders and stakeholders in the conventional and renewable energy sectors, working for investors, credit institutes, leasing companies, investment funds and Nomads.
We have provided analysis and consulting services on over 500 plants, with a total of 1000 MW installed power and investments of over € billion.
We have provided services for companies supplying the following types of energy:
- solar (thermal and photovoltaic)
- bioenergy - biogas, biomass
- electrical and natural gas market.
Our services in this area comprise:
- Standard Analysis and Technical Due Diligence on: preliminary, final, and executive projects, authorisation, connection, incentive regimes, EPC contract, implementation costs and times with fair valuation, insurance cover during construction and once in operation, O&M contracts and running costs
- Analysis of the economic and financial sustainability of Business Plans, examination of expected income and costs, tax aspects, business plan development, drafting of economic and financial indexes specific to the operation (ADSCR, ALLCR, VAN, TIR, payback period), sensitivity analyses taking account of base, best and worst scenarios
- On-Site Inspectionswhile work is in progress and upon completion; inspection, verification and monitoring of compliance with budget and timing, review of O&M procedures and monitoring
- Project Finance Monitoringthroughout the financing stage, analysing any deviations from technical parameters and economic-financial indexes
- Valuation of the systemsof any properties (tangible assets) involved in contracts, rights and options (intangible assets), company valuation, including for buying/selling purposes or M & A.
Praxi Valuations and Appraisals helps manufacturing and service companies and public bodies to optimise the registration and management of tangible assets, performing physical inventories and analyses and reconciling accounting records.
This service is especially important when analytical accounting systems are being introduced or reviewed (introduction and updating of the cost centre plan, allocation of assets and their depreciation/amortisation, “cleaning up” obsolete accounting records), as well as for extraordinary business transactions - such as acquisitions, mergers or spin-offs – that require purchase prices or merger deficits to be posted to assets.
Physical inventories may be assisted, where useful, by physically labelling assets, while reconciliation with accounting entries requires close collaboration and interaction with the pertinent company departments. This is the only way to obtain a detailed, comprehensive picture of company assets, from both a technical/operational and accounting/administrative perspective.
Our service generally includes drawing up or reviewing procedures for keeping the fixed asset register (acquisition of new assets, transfer or changes to existing assets, divestiture), so as to ensure our work remains useful and effective in the long term.
Praxi Valuations and Appraisals helps clients make strategic and business development decisions on extraordinary operations, such as planning new production facilities, updating production cycles and processes, launching new product lines, etc.
With a specific focus on aspects directly concerning tangible and intangible assets, Praxi takes care of:
- helping management make the right strategic investment choices
- analysing the current and prospective earning power of investments
- conducting technical and economic analyses of industrial systems
- verifying whether it makes sense to make or buy
- establishing the potential realisable values of assets for divestiture.